APSI and The Agora
The Agora is a global network for more than 40 privately owned publishing companies. These companies are widely recognized for their highly specialised information by way of advisory newsletters, websites and books on a range of topics including retirement, wealth management, equity investments, health, travel and finance.
Agora Publishing Service Ireland (APSI) is one of the aforementioned companies located in Waterford that offers a range of products and services for publishing in the digital age. We strive to build lasting solutions based on authentic relationships, innovate with intention, and promote perpetual and meaningful change for our clients. At APSI we have the freedom to explore, test and introduce new ideas in:
- User Experience Design
- Technology Consulting
- Engineering and Development
- Business Process Automation
- Customer Experience
- Marketing Technology
- Customer Success
We are looking for a WordPress/React developer to join our talented team of developers, to work on a variety of projects across multiple clients worldwide. If you are a passionate about what you do and want to join a global team working on some really exciting products and projects – we would love to hear from you.
Our passionate team are not your usual bunch, but that is what makes us different – and this is how we create great products and experiences.
What you will do:
- Designing and implementing new WordPress plugin features and functionality.
- Updating and maintaining the existing WordPress plugins.
- Integration of the existing product with external services
- Working on support tickets to resolve issues/bugs.
- Cross-team collaboration to troubleshot and resolve issues.
- Developing scalable solutions.
What we are looking for:
- Expert knowledge of PHP 7.0+.
- Experience in developing WordPress plugins and themes.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (Git).
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON).
- Ability to work on own or as part of a team
- Professional approach to problem solving.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Wiliness to learn and progress in workplace.
- Not afraid of working with legacy codebase.
The also nice to have:
- Experience working with Tailwind, NextJS, Vercel.
- Experience working with Docker.
- Experience working with debugging tools to troubleshoot issues
- Knowledge of Twilio.
- Knowledge of OneSignal / other push services
- Knowledge of user privacy laws/rules e.g. GDPR
We value your privacy; we will keep your information safe and we will only use it to process your application. For more about how we use your information, please see our privacy notice.
Date updated:March 26, 2023 12:55 pm