About the Business
The Agora is a global network for more than 40 privately owned publishing companies. These companies are widely recognized for their highly specialised information by way of advisory newsletters, websites and books on a range of topics including retirement, wealth management, equity investments, health, travel and finance.
The Agora Companies include businesses in London, Paris, Bonn, Melbourne, Johannesburg, Buenos Aires, Sao Paolo, Mumbai and Waterford.
We believe strongly in nurturing and developing our employees, and don’t just hire to fill gaps. We see our team members as crucial to the health and future of our company and so we see their start with APSI as the beginning of a journey, not the final destination. We expect you to work hard but we’ll have some fun along the way. So why not be a part of this
Agora Publishing Services Ireland provides the platforms and systems that support our affiliates – some of the world is leading privately owned media companies in the health, finance and travel industries. But our impact doesn’t stop there.
Our expert teams strive to provide a fast-paced, flexible, and functional foundation for growth. Day-to-day, we build and support the enterprise applications used by The Agora businesses, allowing them to focus on the growth of their business.
We are looking for an enthusiastic/energetic systems and product trainer to expertly train and support clients and support staff on the use of our products and systems. The essence of the role is to demonstrate the systems to show its capabilities and in turn enhance our client’s own business, whilst continuously developing and maintaining the companies training collateral. This is an ideal role for someone with 1.5 – 2 years experience in Training / L&D and who wants to develop their skills.
The successful candidate will join the existing training team headed by our L&D Lead. Where required, the role will involve delivering a range of value-added services including: –
Delivering training courses on our systems
- Training needs analysis – Assessing, planning & documenting training requirements
- Delivering on site training classroom style (or one on one) at clients’ sites
- Delivering tele/video conference training and sometimes in house “master classes”.
- Design, structure and format, technical training documentation.
- Build training plans around client needs.
Helping to keep key documentation up to date including user guides & training materials
- Working with key stakeholders and product teams to ensure quality and accuracy of training content.
- Maintaining document and version control.
- Maintain training records.
General Office Support
- Handling helpdesk issues & supporting queries by email & telephone / remotely
- Offering practical advice to our clients.
- 1.5 to 2 years experience in a Training / L&D role.
- Confidence in a training role & experience of providing training to individuals at all levels. An awareness of adult learning principles.
- A willingness to travel as required.
- The ability to learn quickly, think on the spot and make their own responsible decisions
- Good communication skills and telephone manner and the ability to cope well under pressure in a challenging & demanding client facing role
- Worked in a support role in the past and will be compassionate from a client care view
- Reasonable IT technical skills and a sound knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Suite of Applications.
- An appreciation of how IT plays a strategic role in business operations
- At least a level 6 Training/Learning & Development certification.
CVs and expressions of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
We have a pension scheme, use of onsite gym area, free parking and a great team to work with.
Join us – we have a great team, and you can make it better.
We value your privacy; we will keep your information safe and we will only use it to process your application. For more about how we use your information, please see our privacy notice.
Date updated:December 15, 2019 2:06 pm