Agora Publishing Services Ireland Ltd (APSI) has an immediate opening for a Security Engineer. This permanent, full-time position is a great opportunity for someone with strong security engineering, architecture, cloud, network and application penetration testing skills. This is a highly technical hands-on role that will utilize your deep and broad technical skills to increase the security posture of the organisation and offers significant flexibility for growth.
- Drive cloud/container security improvements
- Review existing vulnerability management program, identify areas for improvement and implement changes
- Perform Office 365 security assessment and create action plan for improvement
- Review and recommend network security improvements (network segmentation, Web Application Firewall, etc)
- Conducting application security assessments and penetration tests (web, web services, API, thick clients, etc.). These assessments involve manual testing and analysis as well as the use of automated application vulnerability scanning/testing tools such as Burp Suite Professional and/or code review tools such as Veracode.
- Perform architectural risk assessments of new applications.
- Implement and/or enhance security controls of CI/CD pipelines.
- Writing a formal security assessment report for each application.
- Meet with product owners, development teams, and affiliated parties to review your assessment results and consult on remediation options.
- Meet with stakeholders to track vulnerabilities and then perform retests as needed.
- Lead activity to investigate and mitigate security incidents
- Perform security assessments for all new applications and/or services
- Mentor and evangelize security practices through cross functional work with technical and non-technical teams throughout the organization.
- Assess security tools capability, performance, and effectiveness
- Stay informed of attack trends, zero-day vulnerabilities, methodologies, and risks within the cybersecurity realm
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with demonstrated success in improving cyber security posture
- Experience researching, building and implementing defensive security systems that are used against internal and external attack vectors
- Several years of experience developing or testing web applications, preferably e-commerce or business applications that face the Internet.
- Experience performing application security testing using manual techniques plus runtime vulnerability testing tools and/or code review tools.
- Knowledge of common protocols and how each works.
- Development and/or testing experience of PHP, Java and/or .NET applications
- Ability to research, analyze, prioritize, problem solve, and work several tasks concurrently with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate clearly, both orally and in writing, and produce high quality written products
- Strong work ethic and commitment to accomplish assigned tasks
- Experience with cyber security policies and industry best practices (e.g. NIST SP 800 series, PCI DSS, NIST cyber security framework, HITRUST, CIS, DISA STIG).
- Honesty and integrity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to do hands-on, highly technical work.
- Strong focus on working as a team with all parties involved
- Desire to research and learn new technologies, security tools, and software as well as the flexibility to adjust as new situations arise.
- Familiar with ticketing systems, such as JIRA
We value your privacy; we will keep your information safe and we will only use it to process your application. For more about how we use your information, please see our privacy notice.
Date updated:July 31, 2021 4:31 pm