Agora Publishing Ireland is an innately globally minded company that provides a range of business services to domestic and international companies.
Agora Publishing Ireland (API) currently have an exciting opportunity for a strong General Ledger Accountant based in our wonderful office in Portlaw, Co. Waterford, however, currently this role will be based remotely in line with Covid 19 restrictions This is a permanent role on a full-time basis, reporting directly to the General Ledger Team Lead.
Responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- General Ledger Journal entries
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Intercompany accounting, including reconciliations and payments
- Revenue and expense allocations and entries
- Preparation of monthly financial statements to include commentary, analysis and presentation to clients.
- Developing and maintaining a strong working relationship with clients
- Providing adhoc reporting and analysis for clients as and when required
- VAT filing preparation
- Assist with annual budget preparation
- Assist in monthly, quarterly and yearly closing process
- Year end audit preparation and support
- Liaise with the wider finance team
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements & Competencies:
- Part or fully qualified Accountant / Accounting Technician with 3-5 years’ experience – essential
- Experience using accountancy packages, preferably NetSuite and Solution 7 – desirable
- Good knowledge of full cycle accounting – General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable;
- Proficiency in data entry and the use of Microsoft Office, particularly MS Excel,
- A passion for numbers, accuracy and skills in calculating figures is essential;
- Treats confidential information in a trustworthy manner;
- Meticulous when it comes to detail and organisation;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to consistently follow outlined procedures, as well as develop new and improved processes;
- A thorough, professional approach to work and a positive outlook;
- Strong attention to detail with ability to prioritise and organise workflow
What we look for in our employees:
- Energetic & Enthusiastic
- Value individuality, opportunity & respect
- Adaptable to change
- Strong Team work skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
We offer a competitive salary & benefits package to the right candidate along with a great opportunity for the right person to learn and grow with an exciting company.
We value your privacy; we will keep your information safe and we will only use it to process your application. For more about how we use your information, please see our privacy notice.
Date updated:March 05, 2021 4:08 pm
Company:Agora Publishing Ireland