About this role
As a Business Intelligence Customer Success Associate (CSA), you will make a significant impact every day applying your knowledge, skills and passion for data and marketing. This frontline team member will field, research, and answer the data and reporting inquiries and requests received from our affiliate clients. This includes training on basic knowledge of our most commonly used reports and ensuring users are well-informed of any reporting issues or delays.
You will also strategically work alongside a Customer Success Partner (CSP) to help affiliate clients analyze and interpret the data-driven information we provide, including the effectiveness of their online and offline direct marketing programs. You do not need to have a technical or data background, however, you do need to be comfortable maneuvering complex operational issues.
This entry-to-mid level position reports to the Customer Success Manager.
So what would you be doing?
Account Management and Analytic Support
- Work with CSP to present proposals, mock-ups, and findings for ad hoc analyses and data modeling projects that require advanced understanding of affiliate business and Business Intelligence data
- Work directly with Business Intelligence Analysts to gather requirements, create mock-ups, and present findings directly to affiliates
- Understand key individuals’ roles within the affiliates and gain an understanding of their respective businesses, including their successes, struggles, and goals
- Understand marketing set-ups and how to construct effective testing, and collaborate with CSP on how that information will look in reporting
- Become an expert in our reports in order to train affiliates in the usage of reports
- Validate monthly reports that are automatically generated and sent to the marketers and publishers and field any questions from the recipients
- Take responsibility for ticketing queue for any affiliate requests to ensure proper service level standards are met
- Independently address all basic reporting questions, specifically addressing where data for each report is sourced and how each metric is defined
- Understand why some reports display counts and metrics differently, and be able to explain the discrepancies to our end-users
- Ensure requests are fulfilled correctly and in an efficient and timely manner
- Contribute to user documentation for existing reports
- Assist the CSP in pulling data, screenshots, and information for business reviews and meetings
- Identify common requests and initiate enhancements and solutions that will improve the overall accuracy and usability of reporting
- Be able to quickly draft accurate and concise company-wide announcements addressing reporting problems and delays
- Gather supporting content for monthly Business Intelligence Release Notes that highlight the previous month’s development efforts and any improvements or enhancements to existing reports
- Maintain active and open lines of communication with Agora affiliates for: open ticket requests, projects, new features/Business Intelligence updates, and other Agora updates that may impact affiliates businesses and/or reporting needs
The Essential Requirements
- 1-4 years of experience in digital/direct response marketing
- Strong presentation and communication skills with the ability to summarize findings clearly and concisely
- Proficient in MS Excel – logical functions, lookups, pivot tables, etc.
- Strong sense of urgency, follow-up and follow-through – must be able to adhere to process
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to deal effectively with diverse skill sets and personalities and also work effectively as a team player
- Self-motivated, proactive, disciplined, fast-learner and organized with impeccable attention to detail
- Highly flexible and adaptive to a rapidly changing environment and juggling of competing priorities
The Desirable Requirements
- Experience as a hands-on direct marketer, BI reporting/business analyst or comparable role
- Hands-on understanding of direct marketing analysis, campaign management, program optimization, customer segmentation and targeting and retention/attrition analysis
- Ability to apply information strategically, spot larger trends and risks and also break it down for marketers needing to make tactical decisions
- Basic HTML skills or experience using Dreamweaver
- Experience working in a variety and range of BI solutions and tools (our current environment is supported by a MS SQL Server backend, Qlikview as well as InfoBase, a proprietary frontend reporting application for running canned reports)
- Previous work experience in consumer services/products and or subscription-based businesses
- Experience working in a consultative user/client facing role
- Exposure to data related to Google Analytics, ad networks and other industry related API feeds of data
- For internal candidates, a strong understanding as a frontend user of our current applications and systems (InfoBase, Qlikview, IRIS, Advantage, Message Central, OPIUM, Sign-Up App, etc.)
Who are we?
Agora Publishing Services Ireland (APSI), part of The Agora Companies, provides platforms and systems that support our affiliates who are some of the world’s leading privately owned media companies in the health, finance and travel industries. Our expert teams strive to provide a fast-paced, flexible, and functional foundation for growth. Day-to-day, we build and support the enterprise applications used by The Agora businesses, allowing them to focus on the growth of their business.
Business Intelligence, A part of APSI, is dedicated to supporting our customers with data and insights that enable superior business decisions through providing data, reports, dashboards, ad hoc analyses, predictive analytic models, consultation and more. We believe strongly in nurturing and developing our team members and don’t just hire to fill gaps. We see every individual as crucial to success of our mission and purposefully create opportunities for them to grow along with the organisation.
Please send your CV and cover letter to Sarah Doyle, HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
We value your privacy; we will keep your information safe and we will only use it to process your application. For more about how we use your information, please see our privacy notice.
Date updated:January 21, 2020 11:25 am