About this role
The Business Analyst will be a key member of Agora Inc.’s Business Intelligence team. The person will also conduct qualitative and quantitative data analyses that support the growth, development and profitability of the direct marketing programs of Agora’s publishing affiliates. The Business Analyst will apply a broad base of technical and data analysis tools and skills, along with a strong grasp of real-world business and industry knowledge, to extract, manipulate and analyze data that provides practical knowledge and key decision support. The ideal candidate will have the strategic, creative and analytical skills needed to connect quantitative data to insights that drive and change the businesses of our affiliates.
So what would you be doing?
- Responsible for developing and delivering marketing analyses that effectively summarize data-driven knowledge and provide recommendations on how key insights can be used to positively impact the affiliates’ businesses
- Collaborate with department head, affiliates and technical team to execute analytic objectives, approach and work plans
- Responsible for data analysis, and data reporting utilizing existing applications and data sources
- Be an expert user of the reporting and dashboards to maximize insight into the data, improve visualization and highlight key factors, uncover underlying problems and detect anomalies and inconsistencies
- Grasp and apply key concepts related to publishing, direct marketing and back end business operations to effectively apply to the BI environment
- Create and design mock-ups and wireframe based on the customer’s requirements
- Conduct follow-up conversations with customers, as needed.
- Serve as a resource for development team, clarifying requirements and business needs
- Help triage helpdesk tickets by confirming or identifying program bug fixes
The Essential Requirements:
- BA/BS degree
- 3-5+ years serving as a Business Analyst with progressive working with data and utilizing quantitative techniques to solve marketing or business problems, such as campaign analysis, campaign management, direct marketing program optimization, and customer segmentation
- Skilled in writing complex SQL queries to analyze, manipulate data, investigate data problems, develop and modify reports
- Proven track record in the delivery and development of marketing analytic solutions
- Strong, practical knowledge of database and direct marketing, a range of statistical and data mining tools and techniques, market research, predictive modeling and customer segmentation
- MS Excel expertise – logical functions, lookups, pivot tables, external source data, dynamic charts and tables; macros and/or VBA writing a plus
- Proven ability to think and act strategically while operating with considerable tactical responsibilities
- Strong data interpretation, analytical, problem-solving and communication skills; ability to summarize complex findings clearly and concisely
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to deal effectively with diverse skill sets and personalities, and work effectively as a team player
- Self-motivated, proactive, disciplined, fast learner and organized with attention to detail
- Highly flexible and adapts well to a rapidly changing environment
The Desirable Requirements:
- Knowledge of direct marketing principles and best-in-class methodologies
- 3+ years of hands-on SQL experience in a professional environment
- Experience working in a variety and range of BI solutions and tools (our current environment is supported by a MS SQL Server backend, Qlikview, Qliksense, Thoughtspot as well as InfoBase, a proprietary frontend reporting application for running canned reports)
- Experience working in a consultative role, either at a consulting company or a marketing services firm that offered marketing analytic services
- Demonstrated ability to interpret analytic output and provide actionable strategic recommendations
Who we are?
Agora Publishing Services Ireland (APSI), part of The Agora Companies, provides platforms and systems that support our affiliates who are some of the world’s leading privately owned media companies in the health, finance and travel industries. Our expert teams strive to provide a fast-paced, flexible, and functional foundation for growth. Day-to-day, we build and support the enterprise applications used by The Agora businesses, allowing them to focus on the growth of their business.
Business Intelligence, A part of APSI, is dedicated to supporting our customers with data and insights that enable superior business decisions through providing data, reports, dashboards, ad hoc analyses, predictive analytic models, consultation and more. We believe strongly in nurturing and developing our team members and don’t just hire to fill gaps. We see every individual as crucial to success of our mission and purposefully create opportunities for them to grow along with the organisation.
Please send your CV and cover letter to Sarah Doyle, HR Manager.
We have a pension scheme, use of onsite gym area, free parking and a great team to work with.
Join us – we have a great team, and you can make it better.
We value your privacy; we will keep your information safe and we will only use it to process your application. For more about how we use your information, please see our privacy notice.
Date updated:January 21, 2020 11:34 am