The ideal candidate is…
A backend developer who possesses battle tested experience building and maintaining service oriented and microservice systems in the cloud. You use Domain Driven Design to decouple and draw your service boundaries.
You understand the benefits of events in a service-oriented environment and apply patterns to enable such. You deploy services in containers into Kubernetes and can explain the benefits of this with examples from past experiences.
You are always looking to learn new patterns and concepts to add to your set of tools. You are a team player always willing to take on any task or try something new to help meet the sprint goal.
Some of the skills required…
- 4+ years’ experience in Node.js and any other OO language (.NET Core/C#, Java, Python). Willingness to cross learn Node/.NET Core at distinct advantage.
- Knowledge or interest in Domain Driven Design. Applied experience is a distinct advantage.
- Extensive experience with any and all relational and non-relational datastores. SQL Server, MySQL, Firebase, Mongo, Kafka, Redis, etc.
- An interest and strong understanding of distributed systems: SOA, DDD, Microservices, Event Driven Architecture, CQRS, EIP. Experience a distinct advantage.
- Experience designing and architecting complex distributed systems that integrate with a large number of internal and external providers.
- Experience applying design patterns and solid principles. Practitioner of Clean Code.
- Experience with event driven systems and tools like Rebus, NServiceBus, and messaging infrastructure such as RMQ, Kafka,
- Experience working with docker, Kubernetes and preferably OpenShift.
- Strong experience test automation at all levels.
- React or Vue frontend experience a distinct advantage
Some of the non-technical skills required…
- 3+ years’ experience working in Agile teams applying proper Scrum or Kanban Strong understanding of your responsibilities in a scrum team is a must.
- A track record of building and shipping highly scalable software in a fast paced environment.
- Experience building and deploying software in the cloud (AWS, GCP or Azure), hands on experience using the AWS/Azure console and cli.
- Experience in a continuous delivery or deployment environment, including any toolchain to enable this. Ours is Bitbucket, Docker, Bamboo, Openshift but any will do.
- Experience working in a DevOps environment an advantage.
- A real interest in understanding the problem domain, digging deep to get to the meat of the problem and understanding how your work affects the end user.
- Ability to show strong empathy with the user and show a willingness to challenge an approach both technically and functionally to ensure it provides the best user experience.
- Ability to work with others, strong team building and collaboration skills are required.
- A strong willingness to learn: be it new tech to enhance a story or user experience, or delving deeper into other systems of the Agora.
- Experience working in marketing, publishing or funnel based software an advantage
Would you like to…
- Further your career in a Global company working with some of the most innovative minds and tools in the industry?
- Work with clients to bring solutions to life and which solve business challenges?
- Work with the latest development tools and technologies?
- Work in a team that respects feedback and honesty?
- Have a lot of fun doing it?
Join our team
So you want to join the misfits and drive Threefold to the next level? Then we’d like to hear from you.
We are on the lookout for talented people who want to do things a little differently and create amazing work.
We value your privacy; we will keep your information safe and we will only use it to process your application. For more about how we use your information, please see our privacy notice.
Terms:Permanent, full-time role
Date updated:May 27, 2020 12:32 pm