The Agora is a global network for more than 40 privately owned publishing companies. These companies are widely recognized for their highly specialised information by way of advisory newsletters, websites and books on a range of topics including retirement, wealth management, equity investments, health, travel and finance.
Agora Publishing Ireland (API) is one of the aforementioned companies located in Waterford providing a range of services such as but not limited to HR, IT & Accounting across the International Agora companies. Employees of API service a large domestic and international client base.
We currently have an exciting job opportunity for an Accounts Specialist role. This is a hybrid working role with the office days based in Woodlock House, Portlaw, Co. Waterford. This is a permanent role on a full-time basis.
Responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Good knowledge of full cycle accounting – General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, & Sales Reconciliation;
- This individual will play a key role in the Accounting Team in the monthly preparation of the management accounts;
- Manage customers & vendors for Accounts Receivable & Accounts Payable across multiple legal entities;
- Review and posting of expense and travel forms;
- Accounts Payable payments and credit card reconciliations;
- Preparation and submission of journals to accounting system;
- Month end close activities, including General Ledger reconciliation and sales reconciliations;
- Assist with duties in relation to tax compliance & vat returns;
- Other office admin duties as required.
What we look for in our employees:
- Energetic & Enthusiastic,
- Value individuality, opportunity & respect,
- Adaptable to change,
- Strong team work skills,
- Ability to work on own initiative.
Requirements & Competencies:
- Relevant Accountancy/Finance third level qualification;
- Accounting Technician or relevant accounts experience;
- Experience using accountancy packages, preferably NetSuite;
- Proficiency in data entry and the use of Microsoft word and excel;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team supporting others;
- Strong attention to detail with ability to prioritize and organize workflow;
- Adaptable and driven with a positive attitude;
- Treats confidential information in a trustworthy manner;
- Ability to consistently follow outlined procedures, as well as develop new and improved processes;
- A thorough, professional approach to work with a positive outlook.
- Ability to deal with change well
We value your privacy; we will keep your information safe and we will only use it to process your application. For more about how we use your information, please see our privacy notice.
Date updated:March 26, 2023 3:10 pm
Company:Agora Publishing Ireland