Accounts Payable Specialist
The Agora is a global network for more than 40 privately owned publishing companies. These companies are widely recognized for their highly specialised information by way of advisory newsletters, websites and books on a range of topics including retirement, wealth management, equity investments, health, travel and finance. The Agora Companies include businesses in London, Paris, Bonn, Melbourne, Johannesburg, Buenos Aires, Sao Paolo, Mumbai and Waterford.
Agora Publishing Ireland is one of the aforementioned companies located in Waterford providing a range of services such as but not limited to HR, IT & Accounting across the International Agora companies. Employees of Agora Publishing Ireland service a large domestic and international client base.
We currently have an exciting job opportunity for an Accounts Payable Specialist temporary maternity cover role on a full time basis, reporting directly to the Head of Accounting.
Responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
For the maternity cover:
- Manage Vendors and Accounts Payable across multiple legal entities
- Manage the AP Inbox and mail and deal with AP related queries
- Filing of documents on document storage system
- Review and posting of expense and travel forms
- Bank and Credit card reconciliations
- Ensuring appropriate approval of all invoices
- Intercompany reconciliations and payments
- Month end close activities, including GL reconciliation, Supplier reconciliations
- Other office admin duties as required
What we look for in our employees:
- Value individuality, opportunity & respect,
- Adaptable to change.
Requirements & Competencies:
- Minimum part or fully qualified Accounting Technician or relevant accounts admin experience with a 3rd level degree
- Experience using accountancy packages, preferably Sage, an advantage
- Proficiency in data entry and the use of word, excel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team supporting others
- Strong attention to detail with ability to prioritize and organize workflow
- Adaptable, driven with a positive attitude
We offer a competitive salary & benefits package to the right candidate.
This is a temporary maternity cover role on a 9 month FTC.
Interested and qualified applicants please submit CV and cover letter to Carrie Rockett, HR to firstname.lastname@example.org
By applying for this job, you are consenting to your data being reviewed and stored by a member of the HR department. Your data will be retained on file for 18months.
Terms:Fixed Term Contract
Date updated:September 21, 2019 7:57 am
Company:Agora Publishing Ireland